Benefits of a Calf Massager for Plantar Fasciitis
- Cloud Massage Brand Team
Plantar fasciitis is among the most prevalent causes of heel pain. The condition is excruciating and affects areas like your foot's heel, arch, and sole. The condition is typically treated with ice, stretching, arch supports, rest, the list goes on and on.. it can be frustrating to find plantar fasciitis relief! When it sticks around for long, you need to find the right tools to kick it to the curb so that you continue with your regular duties without hassle.
What if I suggested there’s a super easy and potentially even enjoyable plantar fasciitis home treatment? Many physicians and doctors recommend a calf massage as the most reliable way to get rid of heel pain caused by plantar fasciitis. Ever heard of a shiatsu foot massager? A calf massage for plantar fasciitis helps target the arch of the foot, calves, and heels where you will feel the most pain. The massage will also help you manage the pain, reduce swelling, and manage stiffness.
If you have persistent pain caused by plantar fasciitis and are looking for an effective and natural way to treat it, you’re at the right spot!
Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
This is a common foot injury caused by inflammation of the fibrous sheath and wraps on the foot sole. The sheaths are called the plantar fascia and are laid on top of the foot muscles and below the skin.
The plantar fascia attaches to the heel bone with the ball on your foot. It then creates the foot's arch that is crucial for walking, standing, and supporting the general weight of the body.
When inflammation occurs in the fascia, in many cases, it leads to plantar fasciitis that manifests as pain in your foot and heel. This condition can happen to anyone, especially those who participate actively in high-impact activities or sports like dancing, basketball, and jogging.
When you start experiencing sharp pain in your arch or heel, usually when you wake up or relax, your doctor will diagnose you with plantar fasciitis. You can use various natural solutions to alleviate the pain.
Does Calf Massage Help Plantar Fasciitis?
Calf massages focus on the soleus, gastrocnemius, and plantaris muscles. The process involves various techniques to reduce pain while enhancing the recovery of your calf and foot muscles. A calf massager will also relieve muscle tightness and tension to enable a full recovery, helping you to return to exercise.
Most people ask, 'can you cure plantar fasciitis with a massage?' –- The correct answer is that it helps you recover by allowing your muscles to relax and recover fast. According to physicians, massage therapy is one of the best treatments for plantar fasciitis. It will help manage stiffness, heal consistent pain, and target trigger pains in the foot and heel region.
Using a calf massager appropriately and safely should remain the priority concern when getting started. Also, you will need exercises and stretching in conjunction with the regular massage to stay on top of symptoms and be effective for flat feet and heel spurs.
How to Use Calf Massager for Plantar Fasciitis
A Shiatsu foot and calf massager focuses on the calf muscles, also known as gastrocnemius and soleus, connecting to your Achilles tendon. The typical calf muscles become tight when standing long or walking in high heels. These activities may lead to plantar fasciitis, and you will require a calf massage to help alleviate the pain and speed up recovery.
Currently, there are not many clinical studies to help in comparing various plantar fasciitis treatments. A 2013 clinical study shows that the body's deep soft tissue calf massage, when combined with stretching, will help to relieve pain. It also enhances the function of the foot muscles for most people with plantar fasciitis.
Utilize these techniques when using a calf massager for plantar fasciitis:
- Kneading, Pushing & Pulling: These are techniques similar to foot massages that help to massage your calf muscles and the lower leg area. The calf massager will use the heel of their pal or use a fist and move up the Achilles tendon. They'll then work up the back of the calf using short light strokes. Progress into deeper massage using the thumb and follow the same technique you require for a foot massage.
- Foam or Muscle Rollers: You can also perform calf massage using a foam roller or a rolling stick. It effectively triggers the point of therapy to set you ready for the massage. Start by running the roller up and down your calf for about three to five minutes. This will relax your muscle knots in the foot and stimulate blood flow effectively. The technique reduces muscle tension on your heel bone and plantar fascia, improving your muscle's pliability.
- Percussion Massage Gun: A muscle massage gun gives you the ability to target specific pinpoints of muscle pain and relieve the tension.
Benefits of Calf Massage for Plantar Fasciitis
A calf massage is an effective method to get rid of plantar fasciitis. You will achieve more benefits to help you recover from the conditions. A calf massage for plantar fasciitis helps:
- Improve blood circulation to increase vital oxygen required to keep your leg tissues from deteriorating.
- It will reduce scar tissue caused by inflammation in the area where an injury occurred.
- Reduces pain as it identifies areas of tightness and relaxes them.
With a calf massage for plantar fasciitis, you can stay free from pain and get back to your daily exercises when you experience the condition often. If the pain fails to cease or worsens, it would be best to look for a medical professional for further help.